The 5th Annual Australian FinTech Awards celebrate the achievements of the dynamic people and businesses comprising the fintech sector. These Awards seek to recognise success in the FinTech sector in its many forms. This event will be an evening of celebrating the best innovation, created by the best innovators and entrepreneurs that live and work in Australia.
We are delighted to once again partner with Tier 1 Law Firm, Ashurst, to run this event. Ashurst has supported The FinTech Awards since it’s inception, and their insight and counsel adds great value to the Australian fintech sector.
1. BEST FINTECH PAYMENTS PROVIDER
The Judges are looking for an innovative product or service that adds value to the payments experience; services could be from all areas of the FinTech sector including mobile and/or digital currency payments providers.
2. BEST FINTECH WEALTH MANAGEMENT PLATFORM
The Judges are seeking a product or service which offers a new, or significantly improved, service that uses technology to help manage and grow the wealth of customers and/or financial institutions.
3. BEST FINTECH CONSUMER LENDER
This award recognises a consumer lending fintech which offers a new or significantly improved service that implements technology to bring benefits to either lenders and/or borrowers, or lending marketplaces. Judges are looking for an innovative use of credit modelling, data elements and/or an improved user experience, or volume growth.
4. BEST FINTECH BUSINESS LENDER
This award recognises a business lending fintech (ie B2B) which offers a new or significantly improved service that implements technology to bring benefits to either lenders and/or business borrowers. Judges are looking for an innovative use of credit modelling, data elements and/or an improved user experience.
5. BEST FINTECH-BANK COLLABORATION
The Judges are looking for partnerships, specific projects, or products, that showcase how a bank (listed banks, ADIs, Customer Owned Banks) and a fintech firm have worked, or are working, together
6. BEST FINTECH & NON-BANK COLLABORATION
The Judges are looking for partnerships, specific projects, or products, that showcase how a non-bank (for example, Credit Unions, Building Societies, Non-Bank Lenders etc) and a fintech firm are working together.
7. BEST USE OF Ai IN FINTECH
The Judges are looking for the best use of Artificial Intelligence (Ai) in a fintech service; Ai can help fintech firms offer machine-learning human-like services at scale, and can include accurate and faster decision making, intelligent customer support, fraud detections, financial advice, and claims management, and more.
8. BEST PROPTECH PLATFORM
The Judges are looking for the most innovative use of technology to solve the property sector’s biggest issues; to be included in this category, the PropTech business needs to have a finance/asset register/payments component to be considered.
Proudly Supported By:
9. BEST ALTERNATIVE INVESTMENTS PRODUCT/PLATFORM
The Judges are looking for the most innovative use of technology to solve the challenges of offering Alternative Investment Products at scale.
10. BEST OPEN BANKING PLATFORM
The Judges are looking for partnerships, projects, or services, that showcase how an Open Banking/CDR provider and a fintech firm are working together, or have worked together
11. BEST SMART-BANK/NEO-BANK
The Judges are seeking an inventive or innovative online/digital/app banking service that has been launched to market; please outline your bank’s unique selling points and what differentiates your service from the competition; what makes you the best smart-bank?
12. BEST FINTECH SUPERANNUATION SERVICE/PLATFORM
The Judges are looking for partnerships, projects, or services, that showcase how a new or existing fintech service is improving the Superannuation sector.
13. BEST FINTECH/BANKING APP
The Judges are looking for an fintech/banking app that offer the best combination of ease of use, great UX and UI, security; submissions can also include ratings and comments from various online ratings sites, such as the App Store
14. BEST WORKING CAPITAL/SUPPLY CHAIN FINANCE PRODUCT/PLATFORM
The Judges are looking for an innovative product or service that adds value to the Working Capital / Supply Chain Finance sector, or improves the speed, accuracy, volume and efficiency of the supply chain finance service.
15. BEST INSURETECH PRODUCT/PLATFORM
The Judges are looking for partnerships, projects, or services, that showcase how a new service is improving the Insurance sector.
16. BEST FINTECH FOREIGN EXCHANGE (FX) PROVIDER
The Judges are looking for an innovative product or service that adds value to the foreign exchange experience, or has demonstrated outstanding growth in turnover, transactions or customers; your service could be either consumer or business, or both.
17. FINTECH CTO/CIO OF THE YEAR
Judges will be looking for an outstanding CTO or CIO who has created or led cutting edge innovation, Partnerships, build a large team, a CTO or CIO who may have taken a calculated risk and the risk has paid off.
Proudly Supported By:
18. FEMALE FINTECH LEADER OF THE YEAR
The Award Judges are looking for an outstanding female individual who has persistently contributed to the advancement of the fintech sector
19. FINTECH LEADER OF THE YEAR
The Award Judges are looking for an outstanding individual who has consistently contributed to the advancement of the fintech sector.
Proudly Supported By:
20. BEST FINTECH GROWTH STORY
An Award that celebrates a fintech that’s going gangbusters! This category is open to any Australian fintech that can demonstrate they are achieving great things in Australia and/or around the world (metrics could include new market growth, client growth, revenue, downloads etc)
21. ASHURST FINTECH STARTUP OF THE YEAR
This is the most important Award of the night. The Judges are seeking a FinTech start-up business (a Startup is 7 years or younger) that has made a huge impression in the the financial services sector with new and innovative services, creating competition and transforming the way we experience financial services.
1. Entrance is FREE
2. You can enter here
3. You can enter as many Award Categories as you wish
4. You can enter multiple times in the same Category – eg you may wish to enter 2 or 3 people for the ‘FinTech Leader of the Year’
5. For each Award Category the Judges will select THREE finalists. Finalists will be invited to the FinTech Awards night, and the Winner will be announced on the night. Finalists will not need to buy a ticket to attend.
6. The project, product, research paper, campaign, or activity you are entering must have been created, developed or released by an Australian company in the past 5 years; we realise fintechs take time to develop, launch and scale products.
7. The Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
8. The Awards are open to Australian companies and Entrepreneurs. Your company’s headquarters must be registered in Australia. Nominations for Individual Awards (eg FinTech leader of the Year) must be for Australian citizens, but the nominees do not have to be based in Australia.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE PART OF THIS EVENT
AND SPONSOR AN AWARD, PLEASE CONTACT :
Glen Frost, Founder, The FinTech Awards
The FinTech Awards and The FinTech Summit are owned by Famfi Pty Ltd
We are an Australian Company