The 6th Annual Australian FinTech Awards celebrate the achievements of the dynamic people and businesses comprising the fintech sector. These Awards seek to recognise success in the FinTech sector in its many forms. This event will be an evening of celebrating the best innovation, created by the best innovators and entrepreneurs that live and work in Australia.
1. BEST BUY NOW PAY LATER PLATFORM
The Judges are looking to recognise growth (customer numbers, revenue) and/or a new innovative product or service that adds value to the fast growing ‘Buy Now Pay Later” sector.
2. BEST PFM &/OR SAVINGS ACCOUNT
The Judges are looking for an innovative product or service that adds value to the Personal Financial Management and/or Savings experience.
Proudly Supported By:
3. BEST FINTECH PAYMENTS PROVIDER (incl Remittance/FX)
The Judges are looking for an innovative product or service that adds value to the payments experience; services could be from all areas of the FinTech sector including mobile and/or digital currency payments providers.
4. BEST FINTECH WEALTH MANAGEMENT PLATFORM
The Judges are seeking a product or service which offers a new, or significantly improved, service that uses technology to help manage and grow the wealth of customers and/or financial institutions.
Proudly Supported By:
5. BEST FINTECH LENDER
This award recognises a consumer or business lending fintech which offers a new or significantly improved service that implements technology to bring benefits to either lenders and/or borrowers, or lending marketplaces. Judges are looking for an innovative use of credit modelling, data elements and/or an improved user experience, or volume growth.
6. BEST FINTECH HOME LOAN SERVICE
This award recognises a home loan (mortgage) lending fintech which offers a new or significantly improved service that implements technology to bring benefits to either lenders and/or borrowers, or lending marketplaces. Judges are looking for an innovative use of credit modelling, data elements and/or an improved user experience, or volume growth.
7. BEST FINTECH-BANK COLLABORATION
The Judges are looking for partnerships, specific projects, or products, that showcase how a bank (listed banks, ADIs, Customer Owned Banks) and a fintech firm have worked, or are working together. The Bank partner for the submission can be Australian or an overseas based Bank, however the FinTech must be an Australian based fintech.
8. BEST FINTECH & NON-BANK COLLABORATION
The Judges are looking for partnerships, specific projects, or products, that showcase how a non-bank (for example, Credit Unions, Building Societies, Non-Bank Lenders etc) and a fintech firm are working together. The Non=-Bank partner for the submission can be Australian or an overseas based Non-Bank, however the FinTech must be an Australian based fintech.
9. BEST USE OF Ai IN FINTECH
The Judges are looking for the best use of Artificial Intelligence (Ai) in a fintech service; Ai can help fintech firms offer machine-learning human-like services at scale, and can include accurate and faster decision making, intelligent customer support, fraud detections, financial advice, and claims management, and more.
10. BEST PROPTECH PLATFORM
The Judges are looking for the most innovative use of technology to solve the property sector’s biggest issues; to be included in this category, the PropTech business needs to have a finance/asset register/payments component to be considered.
11. BEST ALTERNATIVE INVESTMENTS PLATFORM
The Judges are looking for the most innovative use of technology to solve the challenges of offering Alternative Investment Products at scale. The definition of Alternative Investment Products is broad and includes products not covered by the other award categories.
Proudly Supported By:
12. BEST SOCIAL MISSION FINTECH
The Judges are looking for a FinTech that places Social Purpose at the centre of vision – which could be to educate consumers, help consumers pay off debt, help people accelerate savings & investments; this award category is open to both ‘for profit’ fintechs and/or a ‘not for profit’ fintechs.
13. BEST SMART-BANK/NEO-BANK
The Judges are seeking an inventive or innovative online/digital/app banking service that has been launched to market; please outline your bank’s unique selling points and what differentiates your service from the competition; what makes you the best smart-bank?
14. BEST FINTECH SUPERANNUATION SERVICE/PLATFORM
The Judges are looking for partnerships, projects, or services, that showcase how a new or existing fintech service is improving the Superannuation sector.
15. BEST INSURTECH SERVICE/PLATFORM
The Judges are looking for partnerships, projects, or services, that showcase how a new service is improving the Insurance sector.
16. FINTECH CTO/CIO OF THE YEAR
Judges will be looking for an outstanding CTO or CIO who has created or led cutting edge innovation, Partnerships, build a large team, a CTO or CIO who may have taken a calculated risk and the risk has paid off.
17. YOUNG FINTECH LEADER OF THE YEAR
The Award Judges are looking for an outstanding individual under 35 years of age who has persistently contributed to the advancement of the fintech sector
18. BEST FINTECH JOURNALIST OF THE YEAR
The Award Judges are looking for an outstanding Australian Journalist who is engaged full time in the media, covering the issues, trends and news in the FinTech sector. All media are covered by this category: print/online, TV, radio and podcasting.
19. FEMALE FINTECH LEADER OF THE YEAR
The Award Judges are looking for an outstanding female individual who has persistently contributed to the advancement of the fintech sector
Proudly Supported By:
20. FINTECH LEADER OF THE YEAR
The Award Judges are looking for an outstanding individual who has consistently contributed to the advancement of the fintech sector.
21. BEST FINTECH GROWTH STORY
An Award that celebrates a fintech that’s going gangbusters! This category is open to any Australian fintech that can demonstrate they are achieving great things in Australia and/or around the world (metrics could include new market growth, client growth, revenue, downloads etc)
22. ASHURST FINTECH STARTUP OF THE YEAR
This is the most exciting Award of the night. The Judges are seeking a FinTech start-up business (a Startup is 7 years or younger) that has made a huge impression in the financial services sector with new and innovative services, creating competition and transforming the way we experience financial services.
1. Entrance is FREE
2. You can enter here
3. You can enter as many Award Categories as you wish
4. You can enter multiple times in the same Category – eg you may wish to enter 2 or 3 people for the ‘FinTech Leader of the Year’
5. For each Award Category the Judges will select THREE finalists. Finalists will be invited to the FinTech Awards night, and the Winner will be announced on the night. Finalists will not need to buy a ticket to attend.
6. The project, product, research paper, campaign, or activity you are entering must have been created, developed or released by an Australian company in the past 5 years; we realise fintechs take time to develop, launch and scale products.
7. The Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
8. The Awards are open to Australian companies and Entrepreneurs. Your company’s headquarters must be registered in Australia. Nominations for Individual Awards (eg FinTech leader of the Year) must be for Australian citizens, but the nominees do not have to be based in Australia.
9. The FinTech Awards are open to 50/50 Joint Ventures; JVs are permitted to enter the awards where one of the co-owners (with a min 50% ownership) is an Australian financial institution.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE PART OF THIS EVENT
AND SPONSOR AN AWARD, PLEASE CONTACT :
Glen Frost, Founder, The FinTech Awards
The FinTech Awards and The FinTech Summit are owned by Famfi Pty Ltd
We are an Australian Company